Summary Description: Growing non-profit conducting research and working in communities on issues related to young children is looking for a Finance and Operations Manager who reports to the President regarding office management and budgets and to the Senior Vice President (SVP) regarding fundraising. This person is responsible for facilitating the smooth and efficient functioning of EYI’s business office and helping identify and track funding opportunities.
- Using QuickBooks, maintain accounting processes including bank reconciliations, monthly financial statement preparation and reporting for yearly audit and Form 990.
Collects timesheets and reviews payroll/benefits processes as posted by external firm
Prepare monthly and annual forecasts of income and expenses to staff and Board
Analyze current operations and develop recommendations for improvement and added efficiencies
Manage vendor relationships and billing
Aid staff in preparing project budgets and grant reports
Inputs gift/grant/sponsorship information in Giftworks database; follows established policies and procedures for gift receipts and acknowledgement;
Conducts on-line research relevant to organization’s initiatives and priorities
- 5-7 years of finance experience, with non-profit experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree required. Preference for graduate degree in finance or accounting
- Proficient in QuickBooks or similar accounting software, and Giftworks, or similar donor software
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc)
- Extensive experiences with spreadsheet word processing, electronic messaging, and automated financial systems
- Is a self-starter, and detail-oriented, thinks creatively works well under pressure, and meets deadlines,
- Must possess solid organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and ability to work with individuals or groups with diverse backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages applications from women and minorities.To apply- Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com